Wednesday, March 27, 2013

It was a Good Winter

It was a great year for me on the ice.   I can not say I was impressed with the ice it was not the best Ice I have ever been on.   Had some great days out there.
First flag of the year ended up being a small Perch.   Not sure why but our side of the lake was good this year.    I did not spend much time on the other side of the lake and the Georgia shore side has never been noted for many pike.  
I started tying some Ice flies this year some days they worked very well other days not so well
 
Doubles were not uncommon at all I used some spoons I had that did not seem to work so well in the summer.    I would remove the hook and use them as a sinker it slowed the decent to the bottom way down.    Also found out the perch in this area are right on the bottom.                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment